- ChiBots – The Chicago-Area Robotics Clubs
- NIU Robotics – The Northern Illinois University Robotics Club
- Robomo – The St. Louis Area Robotics and Electronics Club
- North American Robotics Association – Promotes mini-sumo robotics in educational and club environments.
General Robotics Suppliers:
- Parallax – Offers Numerous Robotic Kits, Components, and Helpful Information and Resources for all Projects.
- RobotShop – One of the Leading Source’s for Domestic and Professional Robot Technology.
- Jameco Robot Store – Large Supplier of Robotic Kits, Parts & More.
- Trossen Robotics – Distributor of Robot Components, Electronic Hardware, Educational Material, and also Features a Popular Forum.
- Pololu – Offers a Wide Selection of Robot Kits, Mechanical Parts, and Electronics.
- HVW Technologies – Offers Numerous Robotics Components, Sensors, Electronics, Tools, and more…
- Fingertech Robotics – A design and manufacturing company that produces custom purpose-built electronics, mechanical parts, hardware, and accessories for hobby robotics.
- Robotics Connection – High Quality Programmable Robot Kits, Components, and Hardware.
- IFI Robotics – Supplier of Large Robot Parts and Electronics Primarily used for FIRST Robotics.
- Innovative RC – Electronic Development and Prototyping Products for Engineers, Hobbyists, and Educational Programs.
- Zagros Robotics – Excellent selection of parts for RC robotics.
- AMain Performance Hobbies – Supplier of many brands of RC planes, boats, cars, trucks, drones, helicopters and rock crawlers.
- Actuonix – Manufacturers of micro-linear actuators that are ideal for robotics applications.
- Solarbotics – Kits for any skill level and supplies to build your own designs as well.
- Lynxmotion – Huge selection of robot platforms ranging from wheeled rovers to 6 legged walking hexapods to robotic arms
- ROBOTIS – Specializes in personal robotics ranging from beginner-level toys to advanced Humanoids
- OwiRobots – Distributor of various robot kits and toys
- SunFounder – Manufacturer of robot kits oriented towards education.
- Sparkfun – Offers a Large Selection of Electronics for Robotics Applications or Anything Else
- Dimension Engineering – Specializes in Robot Power Electronics, Radio Control Equipment, and More
- Robot Power – Economical Motor and Motion Control Solutions for Many Applications
- Adafruit – Electronics Hobby Supplier
- Solutions Cubed – Produces Versatile and Affordable Engineering Modules
- Digilent – Suppliers of Programming Design Kits for Learning and Research Applications
- LabJack – USB/Ethernet Based Measurement and Automation Devices
- New Micros, Inc. – Robotic Platforms and Embedded Microprocessor System Components
- SchmartBoard – Offers several items that make hand soldering SMT parts fast, easy, and flawless
- Ultrasonic Sensors from MaxBotix – Leading supplier of ultrasonic rangefinders
MicroControllers & Development Kits:
- A-WIT Technologies, Inc. – Supplier of C Stamp Products and other Electronics
- Basic Micro – Makers of the Basic Atom Microcontroller
- MicroEngineering Labs, Inc. – Specializes in Development Tools for Microchip PIC Microcontrollers
- BotJunkie – Collection of Stories and Articles about Recent Robotics Announcements and News
- Nuts and Volts Magazine – Popular magazine for Electronics Hobbyists
- Robot Magazine – The Latest in Hobby, Science, and Consumer Robotics
- No Starch Press – Collection of Books about various “Geek Topics”
- Square 1 Electronics – Offers Several Books about PIC Microcontrollers with Hands-On, Step-by-Step Experiments
- Smart-machines – Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotics News
- AMain Performance Hobbies BLOG – An excellent blog for RC robotics.
- Make – An excellent source of DIY projects, ideas, products, and a magazine for makers of all types.
- Robot Fighting League Forum – Online Forum for Robotic Combat Competitors and Beginners
- Standardized Procedures for the Advancement of Robotic Combat – Popular Online Forum for Robotic Combat Competitors With Good Resources
- The Robot Marketplace – Large Supplier of Robot Components Specializing in Robotic Combat Applications
- Inertia Labs – Small Robot Kits and Parts
- BaneBots – Large Selection of Gearmotors Offered in Many Different Reduction Ratios
- AndyMark – Specializes in a Large Variety of Mechanical Components for FIRST Robotics
- ServoCity – Radio Control Electronics and Mechanical Components
- Duralite Batteries – High Performance Lithium Batteries, Chargers, and Accessories
- SR Batteries – Supplier of Batteries for RC and Custom Applications
- RC Judge – Good article on battery chargers. The rest of the site has reviews on all types of RC toys
- PROBOTIX – Supplier of affordable CNC routers, CNC stepper motor driver systems, and more
- Sherline – Manufacturer of Miniature Lathes, Vertical Milling Machines, and Machining Accessories
- Fastener Express – Offers a Large Variety of Miniature Hobby Screws in Metric and Standard Sizes
- LEGO Mindstorms – Very Popular Robotics Kits Built From Traditional LEGOs (Great for Beginners or Experts)
- Mindsensors – Supplier of Custom Sensors and Interfaces for LEGO Mindstorms NXT, RCX Robotics kits, and FIRST VEX Kits
- Pleo – Advanced Robotic Dinosaur
- WoWee – Various Robotic Toys and Personal Robots
- Tamiya – Offers a Large Variety of Mechanical Models and Accessories
- iRobot – Leading Manufacturer of Robotic Vacuums and Robots for other Applications such as Government and Industrial Applications
- Dr. Robot – Large Selection of High Quality Robot Platforms and other Robotics Components
How To and Instructional Websites:
- Learn About Robots – A place where you can learn about all types of robots and robotics engineering.
- Leg Control & Design Principles – A comprehensive introduction into leg control & design.
- Automotive Machines and Design Principles – A good article on this subject that is geared towards high school students.
- Karakuri – A website that explains Karakuri and social robots.
- How to Build a Robot – An article laying out methods of how to build a robot from scratch.
- Hobby & DIY Storage – A detailed article on best practices for storing hobby items.
- Legal Protection for Hobbyists – A guide for artists, builders, hobbyists, and tinkerers to legally protecting their ideas.